Friday 4 September 2015

Blog 2

1. What I understand from today's lesson?


For today’s lesson, I have learned some the definitions of notion, science, theories and laws. All of us who go for school will learn science for more than 10 years, but do we really know what the meaning is?
I have learned all the definitions:

i) Notion: idea, opinion, concept
ii) Science: discipline, scholarship, knowledge, skill, learning
iii) Theories: hypotheses, philosophies, models, principles, rules
iv) Laws: regulations, rules, principles, acts
Besides that, I also learned the characteristics of science laws and science theories as well as their differences.

Characteristic of Science Theory





Characteristic of Science Law




*These were the websites that my group used to present the Activity 3.



From what I understood from previous lecture and the information that I got from the Youtube, I knew that science laws is a statement that describes an observable occurrence in nature that appears to always be true. On the other hand, science theories explain how and why things are occurring.  






In addition, after I have watched the video, I have learned that theory CANNOT become a law if it is been proven because we cannot prove a theory. We can have evidences to SUPPORT the theories but NOT to PROVE it.

2. What is the one thing I need help in?

Can I know the examples of notion that can be found in science subject? Do science terms appear in notion?

3. How am I going to use this new knowledge to teach nature of science in the future?

In a science subject, students will learn a lot of science terms, theories and laws. But, most of the students would memorize it just to pass exam. As a future teacher, I would explain to them what the theories and laws exactly are as well as their differences. So that it makes sense to students when they learn. For example, students are able to explain that why Newton’s Law of Motion is considered as a law but not a theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment