Friday 28 August 2015

Blog 1

1. What I understand from today's lesson?

I understood that there was a timeline of science which was started from ancient science to modern science. The first crucial step in the development of the modern scientific worldview was the Corpernican revolution.

Besides that, I also learnt that the differences of science and pseudoscience. In short, science is a systematic study of knowledge which can be proven right and wrong and yet pseudoscience has the superficial appearance of science but which fails to meet the quality standards normally required of science.


2. What is the one thing I need help in?


I personally need a complete timeline of science that enables me to track the following lessons. I have watched a few videos from Youtube and searched some information from internet, but it appeared a lot of names that I had never learnt before in class.

3. How am I going to use this new knowledge to teach nature of science in the future?

When I am teaching the topic of astronomy to my students, I will show them the timeline of science that I have learnt yesterday. This allows them to understand that science were discovered by astronomers, philosophers and many other people long time ago. Besides that, I will also let them know that science is constantly changing. For example, Johannes Kepler and Galileo Galilei found out that planets do not move in circular orbits but rather in ellipses.


Before I attended yesterday’s lesson, I have no prior knowledge about pseudoscience. After I learnt it, I found out that it is important for me as a future teacher to know and tell my students. I will be aware of what science and pseudoscience are before I am teaching my students. I would also remind my students that make sure the facts are reliable before using

References:

Retrieved from:




No comments:

Post a Comment